Was lucky enough to start riding bikes when I turned 18. At that time, a max power-output of 25kW was regulated.
My dad and I had two choices: or we go for the Yamaha Diversion 600 or a Honda Hornet CB600f - and let's be honest - this wasn't really a hard decision.
In the coming years, had two CB600f (first one was totaled due to an accident) and the last one was converted to "full power" - at that time a beast of a bike.
But as time goes on, you crave other bikes, so I traded the CB600 for a Kawasaki ZX-12R with Akrapovic "silencer", followed by a Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird and finally a Honda CB1000R. As normal life struggles got in the way, the CB1000R was sold and for a few years nothing replaced it - the dark years I called them.
After riding my dad's brand new Kawasaki 1400 GTR it was clear to me what I missing out on and eversince that moment I was never bike-less.
Currently I own:
- Honda CBR929RR - 2001 - my current open-trackday bike
- another Honda CBR929RR - 2002 - bought as a spare bike but it is now in better condition than the trackday bike - but don't tell the wife
- Yamaha FJR 1300 - 2004 - the touring bike for me and the misses
- Honda CB600f 1999 - project bike - and let's be honest - if you don't own a CB600 at this moment - your lucking out
- Suzuki SV 650 S - bought together with the guy on the right to keep us busy during the pandemic
- and last but not least - Honda GL1000 1977 - the elderly of the bunch - and in pieces all over the garage - this show bike will be ready fast ...hopefully
Started riding in 2010 on a CBR 125 R. Friends warned me: "You'll get tired of the lack of power".
And indeed 1 year later, my adventure to find the perfect bike started...
I found out that finding that perfect bike is very difficult if you want to do all kinds of riding.
Doing some green laning, touring with the misses, going crazy on the track or just going for the twisties.
There is no All-in-One solution it appears and thus I ended up with the following list:
- Honda CBR 125 R 2009 (sold)
- Honda CB Sevenfifty 1992.
- Honda VFR 800 2000 (sold)
- Honda Varadero 2007 (sold)
- BMW R 1200 GS Adventure 2008
- Honda CBR 600 F4i as trackbike
- Honda CB 1000 R 2009
- Honda VTR 1000 F 2000
You might say I'm a bit of Honda fan...