Honda's all-new 2023 Honda XL750 Transalp continues the adventurous line of its iconic predecessor.
Honda introduced the original transalp in 1986, fitted with a 583cc V-twin engine.
The model became a legend, backed by great reliability and a timeless design, and can still be found regularly on European roads.
The adventure segment has seen a huge expansion in recent years. Honda already has the light CB500X and the large CRF1100 Africa Twin in that segment.
In between, there is still a lot of room for something new, which is why Honda built the new XL750 Transalp.
The parallel twin cylinder delivers 92 hp and 75 Nm. Riding modes, Torque Control, wheelie control, adjustable engine braking and power delivery,… identical to the engine used in the new CB750 Hornet.
The electronics are clearly up to standard. The steel frame is mated to full Showa suspension from 43mm front forks and Pro link at the rear, with a 21” front and 18” rear wheel.
Furthermore, the new Transalp will have a 5-inch TFT screen, Honda Smartphone Voice Control, LED lighting and automatic turn-off indicators.
The tires – 90/90-21 at the front and 150/70-18 at the rear – are handy for finding off-road tires at the front as well.
The twin two-piston calipers coupled to 310mm wave discs provide the necessary stopping power.
Weight with a full 17 liter tank comes to 208kg. Also note the very late seat of the Transalp, 850mm from the ground, someone who is slightly less vertical, for example, can still perfectly touch the ground here.
A wide range of accessories is available that can be purchased individually or in packages. In addition, quickshifter, low saddle, rubber tank groove protections and wheel stickers can be added to all configurations.
There are 5 packages available for the Transalp:
- Urban package: 50 liter top case with aluminum panel and passenger backrest, top case inner bag, high windshield and center stand.
- Touring package: Side cases (right 26 liters / left 33 liters) with aluminum panels and inner bags, heated grips
- Adventure package: Shockproof side tubes, LED fog lights and radiator protection grille
- Rally package: Quickshifter, crash bars, sump guards, rally platforms and handguards with extensions
- Comfort package: 3 liter tank bag, wind deflectors, comfort passenger footboards and 12V charging socket.