TUSK PILOT PANNIER BAGS WITH BOTTLE HOLDERS
I've bought these bags via Rocky Mountain ATV / MC for a very good price.
The bags have very good specs, but are not widely known in Europe it seems.
- Quality panier bags built for Touring and Adventure motorcycles with pannier racks.
- Durable construction and materials that feature YKK hardware, 2520D Nylon body, TPU reinforcement panels, and nylon stitching.
- Replaceable strap system.
- Molle panel on each pannier to hold bottle holder.
- Roll top design.
- Reflective Tusk logos to increase visibility at night.
- Removable waterproof inner bag liners included.
- Comfortable rubber carry handles.
- Easily attaches and detaches to just about any pannier rack.
- Sold in pairs (one pannier bag for each side of the bike).
- Length: 16", Width: 7", Height: 13" but can be taller.
- 35 Liter Capacity per bag.
Sleeping mat, pillow, sleeping bag, tent.
It all fits in 1 bag and I still have a little bit of space left.
I have bought these bags for a trip to the French / Italian alps with my R 1200 GSa (2008).
The bags are attached to a Kriega Mounting plate (which fits the bags perfectly).
The bags feel really solid and can contain a lot.
The biggest downside I noticed is following:
The top part isn't waterproof, but the bottom part is.
So after a rainy day you carry a puddle of water in your bags.
The inner (yellow) waterproof liner is keeping your stuff dry, but it feels a bit strange to carry a puddle of water during your ride ;-)
Not sure if it's a bug or a feature ;-)
The bottle holders are a little small for me, I would love it if they would contain a 1.5L or 2l water bottle.
On durability, during my trip a tipped over a few times, the bags still look great. No cuts or other damaged noticeable.
I'm very happy with this purchase!