Dakar Rally Route 2024 presented

Submitted by Jo on Thu, 06/08/2023 - 09:46

The Dakar Rally route for 2024 was published last Saturday by organizer ASO, for the fifth year in a row in Saudi Arabia. The 46th edition of 'The Toughest Rally in the World' will begin on January 5, 2024 in Al-Ula and conclude on January 19, 2024 in the Red Sea in Yanbu, after 12 stages in 14 days. At 300 kilometers, the start and finish lines are quite near. The entire course forms a wide loop through the vast Arab country this year, when the start and end sites were far distant last year.

The group pledges to follow the line of last year's heavier edition, with the now-famous, massive sand dunes, tough navigation, and a total distance of about 5000 kilometers. However, while 60% of the 2024 edition consists of completely new routes, the other 40% has already been traveled, a lot of familiar area will emerge.

In 2024, a 48-hour stage known as the "48H Chrono Stage" would be established in the now-famous Empty Quarter. It is similar to the well-known marathon stage, but with one major difference: players have 48 hours to complete the 600-kilometer course. The route has eight bivouacs; after 4:00 p.m., participants must stop in the next bivouac to spend the night. Furthermore, motorbikes and quads take a different route than automobiles and trucks, necessitating a great deal of deciphering in order to render aid.

In addition to the competitive classes, in 2024 there will be an experimental "Dakar Future Mission 1000" class, which will use hydrogen or electricity as an energy source, and 'tourists' will drive along in traditional Dakar cars.